Looking Deeper into Visual Communication

Visual communication is important because everyday we look at logos, signs, etc. and associate them to what they are meant to mean to everyone.

I respond best to written communication. I've always had trouble speaking what I mean or feel but writing about those are a lot easier for me. Along with when I study, I write down the facts multiple times in an attempt to memorize the information.

For me the most necessary tool for visual communication has to be color and repetition, for the main reasoning of drawing me in. I get bored quite easily and if I'm looking at something, it has to draw me in the first time or else I'm not going to want to sit down and fully assess it. Most of the time, though, logos or simple things are what draws me in and gives me something memorable. Colors are a positive draw in and I like repetition of color, I'm one of those people that will recognize that a magazine cover takes colors from the cover photo in order to create a repetition and allowing the viewer to have a constancy so drawing their eyes to the page.

The first logo is for the band Twenty One Pilots. Twenty One Pilots has been my favorite band  because their music not only speaks to me but others as well. The design of this logo allows those to associate it with the band because of its uniqueness. You know a person is a fan of this band when you see them walking around with the logo whether it be tattooed on the person, which is very common, or on their shirt, etc. When someone sees this logo, they are able to associate it to the band because of it's uniqueness as well as the fact that the band has overproduced it to allow the familiarity.

The second logo is the Apple logo which is feature on all of its products as well as giving stickers of the logo with the products. The Apple logo has has it's form of apple since the late 1970s and has only changed slightly since then. Not only does the apple represent the Apple company but the viewer is able to look at the logo and associate it with the company because of its repetition throughout the products.

The final logo is the recognizable Olympic rings. This is the uniting of five rings which represents the five continents that participate in the Olympics which occur every two years rotating between summer and winter sports. The rings also have six different colors with a white background, these colors also appearing on the flags the countries that participate in the Olympics. Thus, the Olympic logo represents the countries putting aside their differences and coming together for some friendly competition.

Visual communication is important because of allowing the viewer to associate a design with person, place, or event. It also allows the viewer to have a better flow of information being processed.  

Comments

Popular Posts